Sydney's Premier Marriage Celebrant
Your wedding ceremony will be custom designed to reflect your love, your beliefs and your values. It can follow a traditional format or incorporate rituals and symbols. The choice is entirely up to you.
Most ceremonies are between 15-30 minutes in length. It all depends on the content, which is chosen by you.
Your ceremony can include family and friends, and if you have children they can participate in many special ways. You can also speak your native language and use a translator if you wish.
Kate gives her couples a resource guide full of wonderful wedding ceremony ideas to give you inspiration.
The guide includes a variety of Vows and Ring exchanges, options for Giving Away the Bride, poems, readings, blessings and rituals. There are extracts from spiritual and religious ceremonies, as well as poems and readings for parents, friends, siblings and children as well as music options for your ceremony.
If you would like to write your own vows or any aspect of the ceremony Kate will guide you all the way.
If you’d like to add something a little different to your ceremony, you might like to consider one of the following rituals:
- Breaking of the Glass
- Crystal Bowl
- Family Pendant
- Hand Fasting
- Love Locks
- Lover’s Knot
- Release of Butterflies or Doves
- Ring Warming
- Tree Planting
If you have a ritual that holds a special meaning it can be included it into your ceremony.
Example Format of a Traditional Wedding Ceremony
- Processional – Entry of the wedding party
- First Poem/Reading/Ritual/Prayer/Music/Dance (Optional)
- Giving away of the bride (Optional)
- Monitum – Legal wording spoken by the Celebrant from the Marriage Act
- The Asking (Optional)
- The Vows
- Second Poem/Reading/Ritual/Prayer/Music/Dance (Optional)
- Ring Ceremony (Optional)
- Conclusion and Declaration
- Signing the Marriage Register
- Presentation of the Marriage Certificate (Optional)
- Recessional – Exit of the bridal party
Kate designs wedding ceremonies that reflect you as a couple, your love, your beliefs and your values, your way.